Smultronstället are currently recruiting for the following freelance tutoring positions. To apply, please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
When: Classes take place on Saturdays and Sundays 9.20-12.15 am, during term time. You can apply for Saturday or Sunday, or both days.
Where: Our weekend school venues are located in Islington, N1
(We are also recruiting for some after school sessions during the week, please ask for details).
All applicants must be native Swedish speakers.
These are a part time, freelance roles. Successful applicants must be able to provide an enhanced DBS check and references.
Swedish language tutor
- independently teaching groups of children aged between 1 and 12 years
- planning lessons and creating learning materials
- creating overall plans for each term/year
- assessing and tracking progress of the pupils and making appropriate action plans
- instructing and supervising junior teachers/teaching assistants
- Qualified teacher
- Interest in the Swedish language and Swedish culture
- Previous experience with similar responsibilities
- Confident and with good leadership skills
- Working with groups of children aged between 1 and 12 years
- Supporting the teacher with circle time, singing, arts and crafts and many other fun activities
- Preparing materials and setting up the classroom before lessons
- Assisting with packing down and clearing up after classes
- Assisting with preparing and serving of snacks, and clearing up after snack time
- Experience working with children, childcare qualifications a bonus
- Outgoing and confident
- Creative and playful
- Positive, with a can do attitude