Smultronstället are currently recruiting for the following freelance tutoring positions. To apply, please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When: Classes take place on Saturdays and Sundays 10.30-12.15 am, during term time. You can apply for Saturday or Sunday, or both days.
Where: Our weekend school venues are located in Islington. All applicants must be native Swedish speakers.
These are a part time, freelance roles. Successful applicants must be able to provide an enhanced DBS check and references.
Swedish language tutor
- independently teaching groups of children aged between 4 and 10 years
- planning lessons and creating learning materials
- creating overall plans for each term/year
- assessing and tracking progress of the pupils and making appropriate action plans
- instructing and supervising junior teachers/teaching assistants
- Qualified teacher
- Interest in the Swedish language and Swedish culture
- Previous experience with similar responsibilities
- Confident and with good leadership skills
- Working with groups of children aged between 1 and 9 years
- Supporting the teacher with circle time, singing, arts and crafts and many other fun activities
- Preparing materials and setting up the classroom before lessons
- Assisting with packing down and clearing up after classes
- Assisting with preparing and serving of snacks, and clearing up after snack time
- Experience working with children, childcare qualifications a bonus!
- Outgoing and confident
- Creative and playful
- Positive, with a can do attitude